Saturday, 18 May 2013

Personal Ultra Violet Domino Filofax Competition

One Domino For Myself And One For You 



Last week I decided to hold a competition offering a Personal Domino Filofax Organiser as the prize but unfortunately I had to put it temporarily on hold.  When the organiser was delivered it was unfortunately damaged on the back and had to be returned.  On Friday I went to London and came across a Purple Personal Domino Filofax for £5 and I was unable to resist it.  I could see the Filofax had been in the shop for some time because the diary was for 2010/2011. The elastic closure that wraps around the organiser was overly slack so I tightened it up by cutting it and attaching it to a large button.  I've since added a small piece of ribbon to the button to hide the knot in the elastic.  The inside cover had one or two dark smudges but they came off easily with a rubber.  Finally there was a small scratch on the spine but nothing to noticeable. Below you can see the Purple Domino that I purchased for myself after I tidied it up.

My Personal Purple Domino Filofax



Now for a brief review and some photos of the other Filofax that will be the prize for the competition (details of the competition will be at the end of this post).  This Personal Domino is a rich and vibrant ultra violet. This Filofax looks really stylish and is ideal for someone wanting their first Filofax or someone who wants an organiser that's a little more light weight.  The Domino has a nice chunky elastic band to keep the organiser nice and secure.  The cover is a smooth leather look PU.



On the inside cover there are 4 cut out credit card pockets which are lined in ultra violet.


There are two full length pockets, one at the front and one at the back, ideal for keeping notes, receipts  etc safe.

The ring mechanism is six 23 cm rings.

  Along the side is an elasticated loop for your pen.

Now that you've seen the Domino it's time for the competition.  All you have to do is leave a comment below on this post and the winner will be selected at random by pulling a name out of my hat on Friday 26th May.  The competition is open to everyone and I'm more than happy to post it worldwide.  The competition closes at 11.59 pm BST (23.59 pm) UK time on Thursday 23rd May Good luck to everyone. 

Until next time
Hetty





29 comments:

  1. I just bought a pocket domino and love it! What a great way to fix the elastic with the button! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the strap on your Domino! I love the ultraviolet. Well, I love all Dominoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment from: Rebecca Moore Bover
    I love that you were able to look past the flaws and restore her to her rightful beauty. And what an ingenious idea! Great work. Thanks for hosting the competition too! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love what you did with your Filofax! :D And I love that you're having a give away! ^_^ XD Consider this my entrance. XD ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! (I already own the Domino in ultraviolet -- and love it!) -- but wanted to comment on how you restored the other Domino.

    I like the idea of the button and will keep that in mind once my own elastic goes slack.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your restored Filofax looks gorgeous :-)

    No need to put me into the drawer though as I, like Tin, already have the Domino in ultraviolet (love Dominoes)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely button and ribbon, really well done. And thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very creative and lovely way to restore the purple Domino :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Hetty for the chance to win the domino. Love the color. I also love that you restored the other domino. I like things that you can make your own. Great price also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea on how to fix and personalize your Domino! And thank you for having this competition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is so beautiful! I already own a pocket sized domino but i feel I need a bigger one. And the ultraviolet colour is really nice

    ReplyDelete
  12. That button is so darned cute! I love the weight and usefulness of the Dominoes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have practically worn out my domino... Would love a replacement!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been looking at the Domino in this color lately so I thought why not give it a shot? I really like the button and ribbon idea. Makes it look richer than it is already! Really great idea, I would have never thought of that! Thanks for sharing the idea and the chance in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It must be hard to just give a Filofax away. I know I would have trouble doing that! Especially after you've held it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea to freshen up a not-so-perfect Filofax to make it perfect for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what great customising! Wish I were as creative :D Thanks for the contest xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That awesome styling, that's the great thing about the domino it lends itself to be decorated this way..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you have restored the purple Domino think the button and ribbon are a really nice touch, Filofax should take note. i definitely like the rich colour of the ultra violet better though. Yum Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always want to try a domino, yours is really beautiful!! ♥ Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to have a Domino. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never tried a domino but would love to. :-). Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love, love the color! Thanks for this competition! (fingers crossed....)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a great idea to use the button. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay!! What a beautiful Filofax! I would love to win one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I know the contest is well and truly over, but I just had to say how much I love your purple Domino!

    ReplyDelete